Everyone tends to gain fat on the upper arms, but those whale flappers can be easily dealt with by performing some toning exercises. The idea is not to focus on just the arms, but to do a combination of cardio exercises and weight lifting. It will definitely help you say goodbye to that unwanted jiggle!
This exercise can be done anywhere, any time – if you don’t have weights, improvise with a couple of filled water bottles or a paper ream. If you can afford it, then invest in sandbags.
Resistance training exercises are just as effective as lifting weights; resistance bands are cheap and can be taken along anywhere. This kind of training has a lot of benefits for the senior population too.
To tone your upper arms, you will need to dedicate at least 10 minutes of your day to the workout; there is no need to spend long hours at the gym, just 10 minutes is all you need. Before starting any kind of exercise, remember to flex and warm your body up. You can do a combination of exercises or you can focus on one. We will discuss the tricep kickback exercise here now; this exercise is really good for those saggy arms and focuses especially on that area.
- Get weights that are appropriate for you and hold one in for each hand.
- Stand straight with some distance between your feet, but not too much.
- Bend your knees slightly and face down, bend your back gently forward at 45 degrees.
- Keeping arms close to your body, bend your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Extend one arm back, keep your elbow and your back straight. Hold for a couple of seconds.
- Release and start again.
- Alternate and repeat 10 times, but stop if you feel uncomfortable in any way.
- For more intensity, try doing both arms or increase your weight.